To build on our existing agricultural Greenhouse Gas (GHG), Water and Biodiversity reporting metrics, and thanks to the Sustainable Food Lab with funding from the Rockefeller Foundation, we are delighted to announce that we have just launched our new metrics module for Food Loss and Waste. This is integrated into the GHG assessment, to enable you to capture on farm losses as you complete the assessment.
- WRAP was part of the collaboration to deliver the new module and provided expertise on the interpretation of food loss and waste in primary production.
- This metric development came out of the Sustainable Food Lab’s Food Loss and Waste initiative which focuses on helping companies identify and implement high leverage solutions to food loss and waste in their smallholder farm supply chains.
- The new module has been designed to be compatible with the Food Loss & Waste Standard and gives users the flexibility to accommodate their own interpretations of what should be included.
- The module is in a BETA version, meaning it is in the live environment for testing and feedback, so give it a go and let us know how you get on.
- During this testing period, CFA will be fundraising to support the translations of these metrics and to build them into the aggregation and export functionality available to CFA members.
Please do have a look at the new Food Loss and Waste metrics in the CFT and let us know what you think at email@example.com.
The Cool Farm Alliance continues to grow from strength to strength, we have seen a tremendous increase in membership lately, with over 70 members now drawn from growers, international retailers, food and beverage producers, NGO’s, consultancies and research institutions. The Cool Farm Tool is now used in 118 countries, translated into 13 languages, just shy of 9,000 registered users using the CFT User Interface and many more connected through 3rd party software integrations.